Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Murder!

I’m back to my blogging business dood, and I’ll be taking a break from the geek world for a couple of minutes.

It’s been a long time since I took time to sit in front of my computer and write something about my stuff. I mean, my own shitty stuff, and I really missed typing my heart out because I’m so tired writing those school papers which are literally lifeless and too damn boring to spend time upon. No wonder, my friends keep on posting their thoughts about what we do and how burdened we are with those endless school work. So here I am, doing the same detoxification technique to relieve myself with the pressures, momentarily.

I’ve been tagging along with my portable computer in school for weeks already. Thesis and Web Design took much of my precious time, and even my weekend was snatched away by those selfish subjects. Luckily, Web Design is one of my favourites and I, together with my friends (read: with my friends), enjoy the couple of days we spent for the said subject. Thesis didn’t spare us from the geek world though, we kept on running out of words to type as we burn ourselves with working on a painstaking requirement, due before this week ends. Now, we truly are burnt-out. I’m literally dozing with the bunch of tasks ahead of us.

Last night, while walking along Monumento, a commotion caught my sleepy self. I was wondering why a lot of people are situated at the jeepney waiting area, when it’s too early for a rush hour. When I got near the jeeps, all I saw were empty vehicles and the people, whom I thought were potential seat space villains, are too dazed to take a ride. I rode the jeep, and when it went around the circle, I saw a large group of people gathered around a parked police vehicle, near the Bonifacio Monument. There were even media men and SOCO people at the vicinity. The talkative driver, whom I sat alongside with, asked the traffic enforcer about the commotion. We learned that there was a killing that took place, hours before I reached Monumento. I was too terrified to even look at the crime scene. All I saw were pools of blood scattered on the road.

Today, I saw a news report on TV regarding the incident which I coincidentally saw yesterday. I learned that two policemen were killed by an angered soldier for helping out his live-in partner. The two policemen were innocent people stationed near the said monument, where the soldier and his partner were seen fighting. Two counts of killing were charged against the soldier.

What a waste for people who should be the ones promoting the safety and welfare of everyone else. This is what I call as literal murder.

Tomorrow, there’ll be two counts of English Subjects, where students are figuratively ripped off their brains and are mentally murdered within the confines of the classroom.

No comments: