Friday, May 2, 2008

Looking Beyond..

1:09 am, Abu Dhabi time; 5:09 am, Philippine Time.

It's May 2, 2008, a few days before our moms celebrate the glory and ardour of motherhood. Also, 2 days before I complete a month of stay here in the middle east. I was in a juggle of events the past month; from flight delays, boredom that seemed eternal, a lot of despedida celebs, to missed pool parties, missed classes, missed home, missed family, and missed friends. True enough, I kept myself together and got hold of one thing after the chaos: it's that this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance which I know I should not let pass. I had a sudden turnover from what I 've been thinking as a typical teenage life. I may have lost and sacrificed a lot, but in the end, I know I'll gain everything. These are things which money can't buy. Day after day, I see to it that I acquaint myself with stuffs that I'll experience here, first hand. I've also seen so many different faces, places, beliefs, and ideals from other culture, which I can rarely, or even not at all, see in my homeland. This mind and soul-enriching trek isn't over yet, as I age over time, all of which that I gained here will teach me to live a better life and build a better person within me. After a few years or so, my own story would be good enough to let others know of its existence and purpose, and maybe, just maybe, inspire other people to go beyond limits and see what lies beyond what we're dreadful of.


p.s.
I left one great part of me at home. Nobody knows when, but surely, I'll be going back to make myself complete.

No comments: