Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tonight Is No Ordinary Night

I wrote this one for someone really, really close to my heart. My favorite out of all the things that I've written in the past.

Tonight is no ordinary night.

There’s a certain glow within the stars, sparkling with its every detail. The moon sheds its glow elegantly; illuminating and guiding each and every wandering soul throughout the night’s wilderness. The night sky seemed too calm and heavenly, as if every being is at peace. Am I lost at a world which I had never been before?

Tonight I met a stranger, one being far unlike with the common.
Have I done something so good in the past? Such reward I’ll yield for a life lived in a waste.

The stranger is good at words.
Crafty and deceiving one may appear, still, the stranger can recognize sincerity.
The stranger’s trust is the most difficult to gain. Unceasing hours of discourse may not be enough to triumph over the stranger’s challenge.

I fought and I conquered.
I had my share of intimacy with the stranger, and such was the only glory of my existence.

Time, with its own power of moving and altering the universe played its part on me and the stranger.
It placed rust to our bond, broke chains after chains of bliss.

Yet I held on.
I can’t bare to see the stranger leave.
The stranger breathed life unto my dead and hollow being.
I am nothing without the stranger.

The stranger is my life now.
The god and goddess of emotions may forbid believing such ardour and affection.
But then, I know no limit.

Blessed for such life?
Even the universe’s irony and destiny cannot be blamed.

I too was dazed.
For a thousand years, never before was a night like this.

Tonight the stranger came.

No comments: